Are you dreaming of a little farm in your backyard, but the thought of it all overwhelms you? Angela England, the author of Backyard Farming on an Acre (more or less), has written this book just for you. Her book also appeals to the more seasoned homesteaders as well.
In these uncertain times, many are desiring to become more self sufficient, and you can no matter what size yard you have. This book opens the door to many possibilities. Here is a breakdown of it's content.
1. Living Large on a Small Scale includes: The Backyard Farm Adventure; Finding Land : What Do You Need?; Building on Land You Already Own
2. Gardening on a Backyard Farm includes: What and How Much Do You Want to Grow?; Tools and Skills for the Backyard Farmer; Gardening Smart from the Start; Get the Most from Your Garden; Vegetables for the Backyard Farm; Kitchen Herb Gardens; Fruits, Berries, and More; Heirloom Plants and Saving Seeds
3. Animals on a Backyard Farm includes: Keeping Chickens on a Small Scale; Rabbits on a Backyard Farm; Sheep and Goats: Backyard Multitaskers; Beekeeping in the Backyard
4. Enjoying the Bounty includes: A Seasonal Guide to Managing Your Harvest; Canning and Freezing Produce and Meat; Dehydrating and Smoking; Root Cellars and Basements; Preserving Garden Herbs
5. Crafting from the Backyard Farm includes: Making Butter, Yogurt and Cheese; Fibers: From Sheep to Sweater; Home Brewing Cider and Wine; Goat's Milk Soap Making; Other Ways to Use Your Harvest
There is something for everyone in this packed book of information. Whether you are looking for how to grow certain vegetables or raising your own rabbits, you will find something that you can learn from and reference back to form time to time.
Backyard Farming on an Acre (more or less) shares possible layouts for a quarter-acre lot up to an acre lot. Included in the back are plans for simple structures such as a chicken coop and goat shed. I always love visual layouts and instructions, so this was very appealing to me!
Win a Copy of Backyard Farming on an Acre (more or less)!
To enter, just use the Rafflecopter widget below. Please leave a comment below and share what your biggest goal in becoming self sufficient is.